An envelope pillow cover is designed to be removed and used as an easily changed decor accent. Use one pillow form (or an existing square pillow) and switch out covers depending on the season, your decor, or a whim. Easily remove the cover for cleaning. Follow these easy steps to create an envelope back for your next pillow project!
This tutorial is for a 14″ square pillow.
- Cut two pieces of selected fabric 14 1/2”w x 9”l
- Fold over 1/4” on one long edge of each piece and press, then fold over another 3/4” on the same edges and press.
- Stitch close to Inner Fold using a straight stitch.
- Measure 2” down on one piece and mark across.
- Place one piece over the other, aligning outside edge of top piece with marked line on bottom piece.
- Baste to hold pieces together. I’ve used different patterns to help you see the pieces.
- I recommend attaching a few snaps or Velcro to the envelope opening. This will help keep the pillow closed if you’re using a firmly stuffed pillow form or pillow.
- You are now ready to complete your pillow!